Monday, February 9, 2009

the next chapter....

Well yesterday a chapter closed for me. I was released from Young Women's. I have been in Young Women's in this ward for 3 1/2 years (ever since the ward was created in July of 2005). Time has flown, I cannot believe it. Yesterday was one of the hardest days ever, a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. The tears started at 10 am in the Bishops office and did not end until 6 pm, after I met with the new presidency. I will forever treasure the friendships that I made and share with the Young Women as well as all of the leaders that I had the opportunity to develop close friendships with. I am so blessed to have been able to associate with these girls and women. I'm not entirely sure I'll know what to do on Tuesday nights, however, Jon is taking over that roll. He got called to be 2nd counselor in Young Men's. He currently teaches Sunday School with the new Young Men's president and really likes him, so he is super excited. I didn't get a break, they called me to teach the 11/12 year old primary class, so as my friend said, onward and upward!!!

My trusty blue binder that I'll miss carrying with me every Sunday and Tuesday.

A typical month in the day of the life of Young Women!

10 comments:

Shanna said...

Oh Jen!!! I wish I could start a new chapter(jk). I know that you have made a lasting impression on many young women- you will forever be a part of them. They were so lucky to have such a great example. Now you and your mom can share ideas on Sunday School lessons. Tell Jon congrats!!!

AKA Rosa said...

OH Jen!! I know how you feel. I love working with the youth. I even got to teach early morning seminary for a year. I just feel so at home with the youth. Now I teach Singing in Primary. We have 150 kids!! I still feel like every Sunday I am in the wrong place! You will do awesome. You would be good at anything!

Jenny said...

You were fabulous, but YAY for being done! You'll only miss it for a week. Although primary kinda sucks. I have a bad attitude, can you tell.

Crystal Dawn said...

Jen-you were so awesome with the young women i'm suprised they didn't leave you in forever. Matt is excited to be in young men's with jon. I think that will be a great presidency. Anyway, congrats and condolences-it's always hard to move on.

Kelli said...

Oh Jen!! I am in my third year as 1st Counsler in the Young Women. REading your blog brought tears to my eyes. I have no idea what I am going to do when I get realeased. I love these girls. I will definately be calling you for comfort when that day comes. I am sure that you made a huge impact in the life of these girl's.

Love ya

P.S. I can totally relate to the calender and binder. You forgot to show the personal progress book. Man, that is kicking my butt!!

Efamily said...

Hey Jen, this is Ali Eisenach. I happened across your blog from Jenny and Wade's. I can't believe they released you from Young Women's? It doesn't seem like too long ago that you were called as president.
Tell all the Young Women "Hello" from me if you see them in the halls (sigh,sigh or cry,cry).
I miss all the good folks and youth from River Heights.

Take Care.

Ali

Efamily said...

P.S. Here is a link to our family blog

www.e8family.blogspot.com

Efamily said...

HEY JEN- Our house in Logan....wow what a crazy ordeal. We still actually own it as of today, we tried everything to sell it. Now we are working out some legal ramifications so it doesn't forclose. All's well though...... I feel like we are still supposed to be here, and it was the right choice but it's been crazy!

I am back serving in the Young Women's here so that's fun, and we really like where we live in Fort Collins. Hope all is well back in Cache Valley.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for that beautiful valley. Tell everyone "HI" for me.

Take Care.

Ali

P.S. Who is the new Young Women's president?
And one more thing if you have Karen Johnson's email will you pass it along to me. Thanks.

Efamily said...

My email is alieis8@yahoo.com


Wow I think I broke the record for number of comments on one post?

Glen said...

Jen

Remember as one door closes, another one always opens. Kim and I will have to keep up with my sister via your blog. Email was a big step forward for your mom and getting her a blog will surely be a milestone.

Have a good one.